Follow cjohnsonking5 on Twitter

Thursday, March 3, 2011

Emerald City Reptile Expo

Ewwwwww! Gotta say, I'm not the biggest reptile fan in the world. I'm more of a cuddly puppy-dog kind of girl, but I did learn to respect the scaly, slithering kind.

I spent the morning hanging with the folks and their creatures from the Emerald City Reptile Expo. When I arrived all I saw was tons and tons of snakes in bags (that's apparently how snakes travel). Okay. Then they busted out the lizards. I've got to say that I think those little guys are actually cute. I always think that they'd talk with a British accent.

I decided to hold "Pizza" the Crested Gecko for my first segment and as Brad and Joyce came to me live, the damn gecko jumped from my hand up to my neck area. Scared the "H -E -DOUBLE HOCKEY STICKS" out of me! I didn't know whether to laugh or cry so I sort of did a bit of both. It was a totally hilarious moment.


Once I recovered from the utter shock of that attack, I actually learned a lot about reptiles and how fascinating they are. Scientists are using reptiles to research many cures for human diseases. See they can be our friends afterall :-)


It turns out that reptiles attach to their owners, have personalities and feelings, and are actually quite sweet as long as you provide the kind of care that they require. This weekend's expo will feature hundreds of animals up for adoption as well as "care experts" that can walk you through how to properly own one of these creatures. If you can't make it to the show and still want to adopt one, you can find them on http://www.petfinder.com/ (search reptile and it will lead you to the NW's folks).




Some kind of lizard


This guy is just chillin'

Don't know if he's cuddling or getting ready to suck some neck blood


The cutest Bearded Dragon I've ever seen!



My new little friend


If you're looking for something to do with the kids this weekend, hit the Emerald City Reptile Expo and check out some of these cool little guys. It's being held at the Lake City Community Center on Saturday & Sunday. Admission is $10. Tell them you know the reporter that was "ATTACKED" by the 1lb gecko ... lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment