Follow cjohnsonking5 on Twitter

Friday, November 26, 2010

Black Friday!

It's here, it's here, it's here!!!!

Black Friday, or "Day of Insanity" as I like to call it, kicked off very early this morning. I was live at Macy's in Alderwood Mall with hundreds of rabid shoppers trying to hunt down a deal on everything from shoes, to housewares, to socks. It was crazy! I must say that everyone was really nice and in good spirits and it's a great idea that this day happens before Christmas. I'm from Canada and we have something called "Boxing Day" - no, it's not a day where we all beat the h-e-double hockey sticks out of each other ... it's our version of Black Friday. It happens the day after Christmas which is really stupid because who wants to go spend a bunch more money? Nonetheless, people shop till they drop. Anything for a bargain right?
I've heard about the mayhem on Black Friday so I brought a helmet for some added protection. You've seen the Terry Tate Office Linebacker commercials... well, I'm CHRISTIE JOHNSON, BLACK FRIDAY SHOPPER!! No one wants to meet me in a dark housewares aisle. lol.
Shopping for shoes
With some of the shoppers

Mayhem in the shoe department

I'm not going to lie to you ... I thought it was crazy but I totally drank the koolaid and I'm headed back there right now to shop. Whoop whoop!!

No comments:

Post a Comment