Follow cjohnsonking5 on Twitter

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Food Trucks roll into Red Square

Cooking up some 'spam' fried rice. FYI, that's not my booty you see there! It's a combo of a baggy, man's chef shirt, and microphones, etc, all clipped to the back of my pants. I swear! lol


Food trucks are hot right now! It seems like everywhere I turn there's a new TV show about them, or someone who is opening a new truck. Well, UW is getting in on the trendy action. 4 new restaurants on wheels are rolling onto campus this fall and will serve up Hawaiian cuisine, BBQ, tacos, and gourmet hot dogs (if there really is such a thing ... sounds like an oxymoron to me). The best part?? ALL of the to-go containers, utensils, and cups can go in the compost ... way to go UW for decreasing your carbon footprint!

I got to cook Spam Musubi this morning. Apparently, it's a very popular snack in Hawaii. It's a piece of marinated spam on rice, wrapped in nori (seaweed)... mmmm. Okay, it actually wasn't that bad.
Check them out all over campus! Thanks for having us!
CLICK HERE TO WATCH US HANDING OUT SPAM MUSUBI TO STUDENT ARRIVING FOR CLASS!

No comments:

Post a Comment