Follow cjohnsonking5 on Twitter

Monday, September 20, 2010

FREE YOUR GLEE!

It's that time again! FREE YOUR GLEE! The Puyallup Fair is rocking until September 26th down at the Western Washington Fairgrounds in Puyallup and there is so much to see and do! I was lucky enough to get a behind-the-scenes look at some of the most popular things....my fav...the baby piglets! 5lbs, 15 days old, and cuteness factor through the roof! They were loud but ohhhhh soooooo cute!

My new little piglet friends...so squirmy and squeaky!

Gives a whole new meaning to the term "pig pile"

CLICK HERE TO WATCH VIDEO OF ME WITH THE SCREAMING PIGLETS

I had the privilege of hanging with the "Scone Ladies." You know the ones... the girls that have been making the scones for what seems like forever - actually many of them have been there for three decades. Doris showed me how to knead the dough, cut the scones, and of course, put on the butter and jam. I ate about seven. Delish.

Getting my apron on ... ready to bake!

Don't for a second think that the pigs were the only ones that got some air-time that morning. The goats also got in on the action. I learned how to milk a goat. That's right...milk a goat. It's the first, AND LAST, time I will ever do that. I had to wipe the goat's udder with baby wipes, squeeze the udder with my index finger and thumb, and get milking. It felt like a water balloon....el disgusto. I actually just felt bad for the goat. So I made sure to give it some love after the whole ordeal was over.

I know what you're thinking ... and yes, I DID kiss it!

Look at what a good 'poser' this goat is

This goat is trying to get the heck outta there ... I think she's scared that I might try and milk her.

The Fair details:

1. Happening until September 26th

2. http://www.thefair.com/

3. SUPER FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment