Follow cjohnsonking5 on Twitter

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Uncorking for the kids

All I hear is "Christie, would you like to go and taste wine in Woodinville for your segments?" My ears start ringing and my mouth starts to water. I'm thinking ... hmmm ... let me think about that. Well OKAY, twist my rubber arm!

So off we went to Sparkman Cellars to hang out with Chris Sparkman and learn how he makes, bottles, and enjoys his wine. The guy is hilarious! He's a Tennessee transplant and has the best sense of humor ... GO VOLS - unless you ever come face-to-face with a Husky! The best thing about this entire situation is that it's all for kids....seriously. The Washington Wine Commission is hosting a Barrel Auction and Picnic & Black Tie Gala with proceeds benefiting Seattle Children's Hospital.
Chris has a beautiful facility and graciously hosted us at 5am. CLICK HERE TO WATCH Chris teaching me how to taste wine!
Chris Sparkman and I checking out his awards!
Chris teaching me how to 'top-up' the barrels ... I was tempted to sip from the bucket but refrained :-)

Ryan Pennington from the Washington Wine Commission

** I was lucky enough to attend the Barrel Auction and Picnic at Chateau Ste. Michelle and it was beautiful! It was a gorgeous night and thousands of people turned out to support Seattle Children's by bidding on exclusive wine and buying mementos in the silent auction. Great job Washington Wine Commission - well done!!

No comments:

Post a Comment