Follow cjohnsonking5 on Twitter

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Swimming in Lake Washington

SWIM FOR LIFE

Have you ever swam in Lake Washington at 5:30am? Today I can officially say that I HAVE along with several other hardcore swimmers training for the Swim for Life fundraiser next Wednesday, August 18th. These incredible people are going to swim 2.5 miles (that's 4000 meters) across the lake from Medina Beach to Madison Park Beach to raise money and awareness for the Puget Sound Blood Center's "Be-the-Match" bone marrow donation program.

CLICK HERE TO SEE US IN LAKE WASHINTON

Here's the thing, almost everyone I know has been touched by cancer in some fashion and this is a pretty simple way to help raise money for this amazing program. Just sign-up, throw on your suit (I had a dry-suit on but I took it off because it's not cold in the lake, I promise!), ask your friends and fam for donations, and come on out and have a blast! It's a win-win ... you get a great workout and you could be saving a life - nothing better than that.

Here's the 411 on how you can be part of this:
  • WHEN: August 18, 2010 (today is the last day to sign-up)
  • WHERE: Medina Beach
  • HOW: http://www.psbc.org/
  • WHO: Everyone
  • WHY: Because it's the right thing to do!



My awesome photog Jim grabbed a "dry-suit" for me so that I wouldn't be cold. A huge shout-out to Desiree for lending this to us...THANKS!
'King Mike' at Medina Beach
Make it a great day and get out there and sign-up for SWIM FOR LIFE!

No comments:

Post a Comment